Wednesday, March 14
Breakout Session One: 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Commercial Roofing Basics: System Options & Solutions - Part 1
The systems covered in the course are; Built Up Roofing (BUR), Modified Roofing (APP, SBS, & Hybrid Systems). Also covered are the advantages and disadvantages of each roofing system, including how to avoid the most common mistakes made by industry professionals.This class IS currently approved for CE Commercial Endorsement and was previously approved for BOMA & AIA CEU.
Breakout Session Two: 9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
The Psycology Behind the Sale
Sick of doing quotes / bids you never hear back on? Upset about having prospects disappear on you? Anxious about the length of your sales cycles? Frustrated with too few sales?
Sales is universally the least respected profession on the planet. This is because of all the bad salespeople that make it difficult for the good ones. If you are sick and tired of sales being harder and taking longer than you think it should – come join us for this talk. Attendees will learn the hidden things in the subconscious mind that help (and hurt) us in sales interactions. *Warning only attend if you truly want to learn ways to make sales more comfortable, shorten sales cycles, and improve closing ratios.
Breakout Session Three: 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM
Business Law for Your Roofing Company
Topic #1: Contracts. Why should you use a contract? Elements your contract should include.
Topic #2: Lien Law. Learn the steps to file a lien. The process explained.
Topic #3: Municipality Code. How do you know if the work you are about to perform will pass code? Where to go to find out? Code interpretation...who to ask?
Topic #4: Roofing Contractor Registration Regulation – Section on CEU CE Title 158 85-9-4.
Breakout Session Four: 2:15 PM - 3:30 PM
Storms are Brewing in 2018: Insurance Law Trends & Changes to Look For in Oklahoma
• Assignment of Benefits / Assignment of Claims - Pros and Cons to AOB/AOC usage by contractors.
• Recent Developments in Oklahoma Law - Discussion of Recent Legal Issues Relating to Appraisal, Bad Faith & Depreciation
• Contractor Overhead & Profit - When is it paid and when should it be paid in Oklahoma
• Statute of Limitations Issues - How Long Does an Insured Have to File a Lawsuit?
• Negotiation of Claims - A discussion about the unlicensed practice of public adjusting